The Badlion Client launcher automatically installs JREs (Java Runtime Environment) required to run Minecraft. If you have been redirected here, then you are trying to change your Java version to fix some issues you are experiencing. This article will explain how you can change the Java version.
Disclaimer: do this at your own notice; we are not liable for any unintended changes to your PC.
Step One: Downloading Java
- To change your Java Path to the most recent version of Java, you first need to go to Oracle's webpage to download Java. Click here to open the website.
- The website allows you to choose older versions of Java, as well as select your operating system. In this guide, we will explain the installation process for Windows.
- After you have downloaded the Java version you want for your operating system, you need to open the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
Step Two: Installing Java
- After you have opened the file, you will see a new pop-up window asking you to begin the installation process. Click the Next button.
- Once you have clicked that button, you will be asked to select the file location (a place where you want Java to be installed at). You can leave it as it is and then click the Next button.
- Once you have finished the installation process, click the Close button.
Step Three: Changing Java Path in Badlion Client
- Open the Badlion Client launcher settings by clicking the "Settings" button as shown in the screenshot below.
- Locate "Java Path" and click the "Edit" button.
- In the opened window, paste the installed Java path.
- Done! You have successfully changed your Java Path!