Why does everyone have Steve and Alex skins?
There are many causes for the default skin problem, ranging from incompatible software blocking game connections to server problems. In this help article, we will explain all the possible problems and fixes.
How can I resolve this problem?
1. Ensure the server you are playing on is not running in offline mode.
If the server you are playing on is running in offline mode (supporting non-premium Minecraft accounts), there is a high chance it will not display Minecraft skins correctly and accordingly for each Minecraft player. You need to check if the same problem happens in Minecraft servers that support paid/premium Minecraft accounts, for example, Hypixel or Mineplex. If the problem occurs on those servers, follow the instructions provided below.
2. Check the Minecraft skins service/server status.
If you suddenly experience an issue where all players' skins, including yours, are Steve and Alex, there might be a problem related to Minecraft services - they might be down temporarily. If this is the case, only Mojang and Microsoft can resolve this problem.
3. Ensure the Nick Hider Mod is turned off.
If you play on Badlion Client, you might want to ensure the Nick Hider Mod is turned off. That mod has an option to hide all players' skins. If you want to learn more information about this mod, click here to view its help article.
4. Try re-logging on the Badlion Client launcher.
If you see your skin as a default Minecraft skin (either Steve or Alex), try refreshing your session by re-logging on the launcher. If you do not know how to re-log, do the following:
- Open the Badlion Client launcher but do not launch the game.
- Click the Minecraft account selector above the LAUNCH button.
- Click the "X" button for your Minecraft account(s).
- Open the Minecraft account selector again.
- Click the "Add Account" button and write your Java Edition Minecraft account login information.
- Once you have re-added your Minecraft account in the launcher, launch the game.
If you play on the regular Minecraft launcher but do not know how to re-log, do the following:
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Click on your account name and icon at the top left corner of the launcher.
- Click on "Log Out."
- Click the login button and write your Minecraft login information.
- Once you have done that, launch the game.
5. Uninstall incompatible software.
If the issue started after you had downloaded a new program(s), you might have downloaded incompatible software or enabled firewalls. You need to uninstall incompatible software, especially ones that cause connection problems. Click here to see a list of incompatible software. After the uninstall, restart your PC to apply the changes, then open the game.
6. Remove third-party non-premium Minecraft launchers and tools.
The usage of third-party non-premium Minecraft launchers and tools can affect the game on premium Minecraft launchers or in Minecraft in general. If you have used any of those launchers and/or tools, you should uninstall them, remove any excess files that they have saved on your device and restart your computer.
In this case, we also suggest resetting the system's HOSTS file. If you do not know how to do it, click the links below to open tutorials.
7. Run the Malware and Adware scan on your computer.
Malware and Adware are known for causing problems on computers and connection problems on various games. If you have recently downloaded something suspicious and start experiencing issues, you need to run an antivirus scan.