This guide is for users that want to change their friend’s menu hotkey through the mod profile file itself. This could be used if you accidentally changed the hotkey to an irreversible key.
How to access the file?
- Press on the Windows button and R at the same time.
- Type “%appdata%” (without the quotes) in the type bar.
- Press “OK”
- Go to the following the “.minecraft” folder.
- Search for “BLClient-Mod-Profiles-X.X.X” and open the folder. The X’s stands for the Minecraft version.
- Open the .json file of the mod profile you want to change with a text editor.
How do I change the hotkey?
- After opening the file, press on the CTRL and F button at the same time. A search menu should open.
- Type “friendSettings” (without the quotes) in the search bar.
- This is case-sensitive!
- You should see something like this:
- With Notepad++
- With Notepad
- With Word
- Change the number behind “openKey” to the keycode you want to use as a hotkey.
Number Codes for Minecraft 1.7-1.12
Number Codes for Minecraft 1.13 and Above