What is Telnet?
The Telnet Client is an excellent tool for people to help manage and test network connectivity. However, the Telnet Client application is disabled by default in Microsoft Windows 10. This help article explains how you can enable Telnet.
How can I run the Telnet Command?
Do the following:
- Press Windows + R at the same time to open the Run prompt.
- Type "cmd" without the quote and click on "OK".
- Type "telnet launchermessenger.badlion.net 443" without the quotes and hit enter.
Analyzing the results
- If you see a similar page as in the screenshot below, the connection is fine and can reach our servers.
- If you see a similar page as in the screenshot below, then the connection is blocked and cannot reach our servers.
Note: if you get a message that Telnet is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file, you must follow this guide first.