he Badlion Client Chat system allows you to communicate with other Badlion Client users, no matter which server you're on.
NOTE: You may have encountered a mod called "Chat" in the mod list. This mod is used to customize the Vanilla chat. This mod has nothing to do with the Badlion Client Chat system.
The chat system is enabled by default. To disable, or re-enable it, open the Badlion Client slideout and navigate to the Other tab. You should find a setting called "New Chat". If the button's grey, then it's disabled. If it's blue, then it's enabled.
By default, it opens in Compact Mode. To disable this, click on the ":" icon at the top right of the chat. Then click on Settings. There should be a setting called "Compact Mode" at the top. Disable it if you want to follow this guide step-by-step, leave it enabled if you're just here to read.
The chat system replaces the normal Minecraft chat. Press "T" or "/" to open it. The chat system works with categories, which consist of tabs themselves. There are currently three categories: the in-game chat ("In Game"), the Badlion Client chat ("Badlion Client") and the Badlion Client DMs category ("Badlion DMs").
The in-game chat contains the normal Minecraft chat, in a tab called "Regular Chat". There may be more tabs added with the option "Filter DMs".
The Badlion Client chat contains the global chat with tabs for every language supported. You can add a language tab by clicking the + icon and selecting the language. To remove a language tab, click on the X next to the tab name.
When the amount of language tabs you have becomes too much to fit in the length of the tab list, you can scroll with your mouse wheel to access the other chats.
The Badlion DMs category is connected to the friends function, which you can read more about here.
The Badlion Client Chat system comes with a set of default settings.
- Compact Mode: Reduces the size of the chat and simplifies it.
- Text Shadow: Adds fancy shadows to the text. Enabling this can cause FPS drops.
- 24 Hour Format: Uses the 24-hour format for the timestamps instead of the 12-hour format.
- Fancy Font: Replaces the default Minecraft font with the fancy font frequently used throughout the Badlion Client.
- Filter DMs: Filters the DMs you receive into their own tabs in the "In Game" category.
- Vanilla Background: Replaces the default background of a new message with the default Vanilla background.
- Timestamp Type: Which format to use for the timestamps. NONE -> Disables the timestamps. YEAR_MONTH_DAY_HOUR_MINUTE_SECOND -> [sep 22 2019 21:08:06]. YEAR_MONTH_DAY_HOUR_MINUTE -> [sep 22 2019 21:08]. MONTH_DAY_HOUR_MINUTE_SECOND -> [sep 22 21:08:06].
- Chat Messages Notifications: Controls the location of the unread chat messages button. Default: Bottom Right
- Input Field Opacity: Controls the opacity of the input field. Range: 0.3-1.0 Default: 0.3
- Background Opacity: Controls the opacity of the chat background. Range: 0.0-1.0 Default: 0.3
- In-game Opacity: Controls the opacity of the in-game notification of a new chat message. Range: 0.0-1.0 Default: 0.7
- Chat Width: Controls the maximum chat width. Range: 0.0-1.0 Default: 0.5
- Chat Height Focused: Controls the maximum chat height when focused (when "T" or "/" is pressed). Range: 0.0-1.0 Default: 0.5
- Chat Height Unfocused: Controls the maximum height of stacked new message notifications. Range: 0.0-1.0 Default: 0.5