Finding and enabling Replay Mod
You can find the Replay Mod in the mods menu.
- Press your right-shift control on your keyboard, and in the mod slideout search for "Replay". Click on the toggle button, then click on "Replay" to open the Replay Mod settings.
The Replay Mod menu gives you various customizable options like:
- Option to change the start/stop recording keybind.
- Option to enable automatic recording when joining a server/world/realm.
- Option to hide/show the icon that shows up on the screen when Replay Mod is recording the gameplay.
- Option to make Replay Mod remember hidden players.
- Option to disable a message that pops up after rendering the video.
- Option to hide/show the player nametags.
- Option to change the color of the Replay Mod icon that shows up on the screen when Replay Mod is recording the gameplay.
- Option to hide the Replay Mod HUD elements from showing up when the Minecraft Debug Screen (f3) is open.
Starting a recorder
To start the recording, you need to press your "Start/Stop recording" key. If you do not know which key you have set for this function, you can check it inside of the Replay Mod settings and Minecraft Control Settings.
Finding recorded clips
After you have recorded a clip, you need to open the Replay Viewer to load and edit it. The Replay Viewer button is located on the main menu at the top left corner.
You will see a list of your replay files. If you have more than one replay file, they will be sorted from the newest to the oldest recorded replay.
You will see the following information about each file:
- File (replay video) length.
- Time and day of the creation.
- The Minecraft version.
- Name of the file, which you can find in the "replay_recordings" folder, located in your Minecraft directory. The exact locations of the Replay Mod folders can be found below.
You can change your replay clip names by clicking on the "Rename" button. You can delete your replay clips by selecting the clip and clicking on the "Delete" button.
To load a replay file, select it from the list and click the load button (or double-click on the file).
Replay recordings are saved in:
- %appdata%\.minecraft\replay_recordings (Windows)
- Application Support/minecraft/replay_recordings (macOS)
- /home/YOURNAME/.minecraft/replay_recordings (Linux)
Rendered replay videos are saved in:
- %appdata%\.minecraft\replay_videos folder (Windows)
- Application Support/minecraft/replay_videos (macOS)
- /home/YOURNAME/.minecraft/replay_videos (Linux)